As the New Year approaches and goal setting begins, here are some New Year’s Resolutions to help put potential home buyers on the road to owning their dream home:
1. Make a list of your new home wants/needs.
2. Do your research on school districts and homes that are for sale in locations you like.
3. Save for a down payment, as well as closing costs, moving costs, home repairs/maintenance and other homeowner expenses.
4. Check your credit score.
5. Pay down credit card balances; avoid big credit purchases like new cars or furniture.
6. Prepare Federal Tax returns & W2s for the past 2 years.
7. Prepare bank statements for the past 6 months.
8. Prepare proof of any investment income.
9. Prequalify for a loan.
10. Start mortgage shopping to get the best rate.